The Louth/Meath Branch of Down Syndrome Ireland manages an “Parent & Toddler Group” for preschool children (aged from 5 months to 6 years) with Down syndrome in the counties of Louth and Meath.
The group is open to children with Down Syndrome aged 5 months to school-going age.
When: Thursday Mornings (fortnightly)
Time: 10 to 11:30 am
Where: Duleek Bellewstown & District Community Facility (Navan Rd, Balsaran, Duleek, A92 F2HN, CO. Meath)
The group is run fortnightly and is facilitated by Louise Tully.Below are some of the different activities that Louise will aim to deliver:
- Lots of Lámh – Louise will be providing each parent who is interested in learning Lámh signs with specific signs for each session.
- Language activities – Louise will be introducing See and Learn sounds and vocabulary activities for each child and work with them on which level they need to start with and work on their individual levels.
- Messy play – Louise will have a targeted messy play activity for each session with lots of opportunities for the kids to experiment and play with lots of different textures.
- Music and song – Louise will have a structured nursery rhyme to work on each session, with signs included as well as providing lots of opportunities for music and songs.
- Gross and fine motor – Louise will be working on setting up some areas for tabletop activities like puzzles, ring stackers and pink pig etc.
Each session costs €5 to be paid directly into our Bank AccountAIB Grafton Street
Sort Code 93 10 47
SWIFT BIC: AIBKIE2D
IBAN: IE33 AIBK 9310 4749 3630 06
Account Name: Down Syndrome Louth MeathPlease include your name and label it Toddler Group.
To register your interest, please email Brendan Stephenson; at email@example.com or phone/text Brendan at 083 8972044.