The Louth/Meath Branch of Down Syndrome Ireland manages an “Parent & Toddler Group” for preschool children (aged from 5 months to 6 years) with Down syndrome in the counties of Louth and Meath.
The group is run fortnightly and is facilitated by Louise Tully.
- Lots of Lámh – Louise will be providing each parent who is interested in learning Lámh signs with specific signs for each session.
- Language activities – Louise will be introducing See and Learn sounds and vocabulary activities for each child and work with them on which level they need to start with and work on their individual levels.
- Messy play – Louise will have a targeted messy play activity for each session with lots of opportunities for the kids to experiment and play with lots of different textures.
- Music and song – Louise will have a structured nursery rhyme to work on each session, with signs included as well as providing lots of opportunities for music and songs.
- Gross and fine motor – Louise will be working on setting up some areas for tabletop activities like puzzles, ring stackers and pink pig etc.
Sort Code 93 10 47
SWIFT BIC: AIBKIE2D
IBAN: IE33 AIBK 9310 4749 3630 06
Account Name: Down Syndrome Louth Meath